Wahs are among the most practical and most used effects in almost any genre of music that features guitars. However, there’s another form of wah that’s getting more and more popular. Auto ways are a versatile piece of gear that automates the wah-wah effect.
Instead, the auto wah works as an envelope filter which cuts off parts of the frequency range based on the power of the attack. If you play softly, you’ll find a more subtle wah effect, but if you pick strings with more force, the effect will become more apparent.
Today, we’re going to demonstrate some of the best auto wah pedals on the market. We searched for those that have the best sensitivity, and most versatile functionality. Let’s dig in.
SONICAKE Guitar Pedal (Best Performance and Value)
Having so much hands-on control over everything, you have the capability to dial in almost any kind of wah effect you need. If you demand a very wide range and don’t mind the complex nature of the pedal, Q-Tron is most likely the best car wah pedal for you.
- Flexible and dynamic tonal controls, which will deliver you that classic humanizing evelope filter wah effect. And you have to play funk with this pedal! It’s like the rule for autowah pedals. YOU GOTTA PLAY FUNK! Let’s get funked up to the p-funk mothership.
- Cry-Bot delivers 100% analog signal path, also a very rapid and accurate tracking of your pickin’ dynamics. True bypass.
- Heavy duty metal footswitch and on/off status LED; Aluminum-alloy die cast casing to withstand wear and tear.
Donner Mini Auto Wah Pedal Dynamic Wah Guitar Effect Pedal
If your budget has you searching for rock-bottom prices, you can add an auto-wah impact to your audio arsenal thanks to this little gem from Donner. Not only is it super-affordable, it is also very compact and lightweight design that lets it fit into any guitarist’s set-up. If all you need is a simple effect pedal it will get the job done in a fraction of the price tag.
Given the size and price, you may be surprised how many customization options you get with this pedal. The main Range knob allows you to adjust the frequency range of the filter. Smaller knobs over it give you the option to tweak the sensitivity, sharpness (RES), and decay of this effect. The all-analog circuitry with a true bypass footswitch keeps the signal integrity.
The Donner Mini Auto-Wah is a really responsive pedal, capable of creating an impressive range of effect tones. It’s easy to fix too, with a smooth response from the knobs. Nothing about this pedal sounds or feels like it is in the budget end of the spectrum. The casing is an aluminum metal, built to stand up to the sort of abuse a pedal can take from a professional musician. If you’re looking for the greatest value in auto-wah pedals, look no further than this version from Donner.
- 1.Auto Wah pedal ,fully controllable envelope filter with unique decay control, highly accurate and very fast tracking.
- 2. Four function knobs SENS is used to controls the sensitivity. RES is used to control the filter sharpness. DECAY is used to control the filter frequency falls back to the resting point. RANGE is used to control the filter frequency range.
- 3.Analog circuit design, true bypass provide transparent tone. Whole Aluminium-alloy classic, stable and strong.
- 4.LED indicator shows the working state.
- 5.DC 9V Adapter power supply.(come without power adpater)
Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah
The Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah Pedal gives guitarists a wide range of classic auto-wah and dynamic wah effects. The Boss AW-3’s bass input even provides a variety of funky wah sounds for bass guitar. An EXP mode allows wah control via optional expression pedal.
This pedal has separate inputs for guitar and bass. It also has an expression pedal input which allows you to access a truly unique world of wah goodness. You can program this wah with tempo settings; it has a unique ‘humanizer’ to give vowel-like sounds to your instrument. That’s pretty cool – Boss always squeezes in a unique option.
People love this pedal because it has some original twists. It’s a little more digital in tone, as it forgoes quality circuits for extra features, like many Boss pedals. That doesn’t matter in some rigs though, and this pedal makes up for it with cool options. The auto wah effects provided by this pedal come close to the boutique models on the list but lack warmth.
The humanizer sounds great though, it’ll really capture the imagination of some guitarists. With tempo selection settings you can set the wah to your beat or instrumental and place complete faith that you’ll wah along in time.
The controls available are pretty extensive but easy to master. Honestly, for the cost, it is one of the more complex models you can learn there.
. It’s relatively easy to use, while it also includes some additional features you don’t often find on other models in this category. One good example of this is the Humanizer effect that is available.
- Cool versatile feature – This pedal is a bit different than other in you are able to program it to use auto wah and put it in a fixed position. In the event that you would like to manage the filter, physically you are able to simply attach an expression pedal and control it that way. The choices are limitless.
- Humanizer feature – Among the coolest features on the AW 3 is the “Humanizer.” This effect is able to give the a bass vocal sounding effect