The octave fuzz pedal isn’t a brand new effects option.
A quick search is going to bring you a plethora of innovative and unique variations on this classic effect. In case you are a novice to the effect, all these alternatives may be a little overwhelming. When you are looking for a brand new octave fuzz pedal, one of the choices below is bound to provide you with the outcome you are searching for.
Below are our reviews of the four best octave fuzz pedals on the market:
EarthQuaker Devices Hoof Reaper
The name is a blend of 2 of their hottest past fuzz pedals, the Tone Reaper fuzz and the Hoof, their flagship pedal. With the Hoof Reaper, they combine these 2 effects into one stompbox, then throw in an analog octave feature as the icing on the cake.
The Hoof Reaper looks as it has 2 pedals in one. It is a hefty unit, with separate footswitches for the Hoof, Reaper, and Octave effects. Each of these operates independently of one another and also may be used in tandem for 7 possible configurations.
.You’ll find just about any fuzz sound you could ever want with this pedal. It even has an octave up function for good measure which you allow you to push the utility of this amazing pedal even further. If you’re looking for the best fuzz pedal around, it doesn’t get much better than the Hoof Reaper Octave Fuzz. Definitely check this one out!
- Features our popular Hoof and Tone Reaper fuzz pedals in one handy enclosure with the added bonus of an old school analog octave up
- Originally released as a special limited run item back in 2010, demand was so high that we decided to reintroduce it back into our line
- Capable of creating everything from subtle octave-up overtones through crushing octave squalls that simulate exploding stacks of amps
- Each effect can be used individually as well as in series but the order of effects is preset for optimum performance
- Made with care by human hands in Akron, Ohio
The Perseus takes an innovative approach to the octave fuzz, providing you with the choice of either one or perhaps 2 octaves blended into the fuzz. You are able to manage both the number of octaves and also the amount of fuzz independently using the simple three dial controls.
More so than some other octave fuzz pedals you may have tried, the Perseus is able to react very differently with different amp, guitar, and pickup configurations. Players will generally either love it or perhaps hate it, so it is a wise idea to listen to a couple samples or even try it out before you decide. It usually has most appeal to metal players because the fuzz has a tendency to be intense, but certainly will be an interesting effect in a genre. It is perfect for use with solo lines, although you are able to also experiment with the fuzz by itself for rhythm lines. Hands down, this’s among the very best octave fuzz pedals.
- Sub-octave fuzz so massive and thundering, you’ll regret turning it off
- Octave switch allows you to choose whether the sub-octave is one or two octaves down
- The Volume has plenty of output so you can pummel your amp to your heart’s desire! Unity volume is around 10:00.
- The Blend allows you mix the fuzz and octave sounds in any amount you want. Full-counterclockwise will let you use just the fuzz sound. Full-clockwise will give you just the octave-down sound.
Fulltone Octafuzz OF-2
For all those players looking for a much more classic,’ 60s era fuzz, the Fulltone Octafuzz fits the bill.
The settings on the Octafuzz are as straightforward and simple as its effect. The primary focus here’s on the sound. Do not let the simplified interface fool you into thinking you cannot customize the tone of yours, also. Adjusting the amount of fuzz is able to provide you with a variety of sounds, from heavy, nasty distortion to a synth like ring.
The settings on this pedal are straightforward and simple. You’ve 3 knobs for octave, boost, and volume, with a footswitch to activate the effect. There is also a small toggle to select the voltage of the circuit. While it may sound old school, the circuitry of its on this pedal is modern and high quality, providing you with a tight sound along with a rich octave tone. The housing is both durable enough for gigging and compact enough to be simple to carry there. This’s among the very best octave fuzz pedals for the investment.
- Classic late ‘60’s style octaver pedal with vintage octave up and fuzztone effects. Volume, Boost and Octave controls let you dial in the right tone
- Switchable 9 and 24 volt power rails give a saggy or tight sound
- True bypass for maximum signal path integrity
- Period evocative, psychedelic design and blue LED for a vintage vibe
- EHX9.6DC power supply included. Also runs on 9V battery (not included)
Deciding on the best Octave Fuzz Pedal
The ears going to be the best tool of yours in deciding which pedal is the greatest fit for the style of yours.
Apart from the general sound and feel of the effect, the assortment of choices will be a crucial factor for a few players.
The very best octave fuzz pedals are excellent additions to any guitarist’s effects arsenal. While it is best known for bringing that psychedelic, classic rock edge, these pedals are able to do a much more than simply imitate Jimi Hendrix.