The Beginner Producer’s Dream Controller.
For the studio or perhaps a live show, the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII is a force to be reckoned with.
The keyboard and drum pad combination allow it to be flexible in its production.
Akai made it small enough to slip right into a backpack and on a smaller studio desk.
The drum pad is a great soft cushiony type pad that allows the user to create beautiful drum patterns with the touch of a button.
The Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII is compatible with:
The controller is completely USB powered, that really makes it simple to plug and power in to your OS on the go.
You’ll also see that this particular unit comes with VIP software, and that is identical as what is sold with the larger MPK keyboards, which means you do not have to sacrifice software quality when opting for a smaller controller.
What exactly are the Signature Features?
When you take a look at the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII, the very first thing you’re likely to notice is it’s a huge red joystick, quite like a video game controller, on top of the right hand corner.
It’s a 360 degree stick that allows for pitch control with side to side movements, and modulations with up and down movements.
By default, the joystick is mapped to pitch modulations and bends, even so you are able to make use of the software to map the controls to whatever you would like.
The keyboard itself does not only do the task of being a piano key, they likewise have alt controls which allow for:
- Various levels of swing
- Arpeggiation patterns
- A latch control for arpeggiation
Summary of the MPK Mini MKII
- This midi keyboard controller is also less expensive compared to some other keyboards and selling for around ninety nine dolars in most places.
- The sensitive keys and pads are very easy to use for any person with keyboard or perhaps controller experience.
- Individuals with no experience need only a bit of practice to jump right in and begin making music.
- The Akai MPK Mini MKII is ideal for a beginning producer. It provides the user everything they could ever have to make so a number of different types of music.
- The possibilities are endless. The very best choice would be that the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII does not call for drivers or perhaps other software to just perform.
- It’s play and plug in iOS, Windows, and Mac. No outside power supply is essential.
- The general scale of the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII is aproximatelly 12?x7?x2?, making it great to move from studio to studio or even to take along with you on trips without sacrificing room in the bag of yours. The plastic, but body that is sturdy weighs 1.65 lbs.
- Professionals use this controller in their daily sessions, so a beginner can greatly benefit from the versatility the unit offers, particularly with all of the features offered.
- The drum pads and keys are velocity sensitive, and that means you are able to touch the pad or perhaps key with various levels of firmness for creating an unique response.
- This enables musicians to feel the music and flow with the beat, rather than just systematically playing keys and pads to be only one velocity note.
- Nearly the whole unit is mappable and programmable to the user’s preferences.
- Just use the application that will come with the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII, and proceed through the choices of mapping the knobs, keys, buttons, and more.
- There’s simply no other mini controller with as options that are a lot of for mappability and programming.
- The system allows the user to map the knobs for easy control without having to stop and mess with the program.
- Many professionals use the knobs for synth controls, delay, and reverb, readily available mid beat.
- Based on various other Akai MPK Mini MKII review videos as well as sites, the positives are all the same.
- Everybody is in total agreement that this item is the go to for beginning producers, and also professionals who need a smaller keyboard controller.